On the first day of Christmas, the Senate sent to me A smackdown of the GOP. On the second day of Christmas, the Senate sent to me Two cloture motions…Read more
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz…
You Are a Bette!
You are a Bette — “I must be strong”
Bettes are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Stand up for yourself… and me.
- * Be confident, strong, and direct.
- * Don’t gossip about me or betray my trust.
- * Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.
- * Give me space to be alone.
- * Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don’t flatter me.
- * I often speak in an assertive way. Don’t automatically assume it’s a personal attack.
- * When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that’s just the way I am.
What I Like About Being a Bette
- * being independent and self-reliant
- * being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
- * being courageous, straightforward, and honest
- * getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
- * supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
- * upholding just causes
What’s Hard About Being a Bette
- * overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don’t intend to
- * being restless and impatient with others’ incompetence
- * sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it
- * never forgetting injuries or injustices
- * putting too much pressure on myself
- * getting high blood pressure when people don’t obey the rules or when things don’t go right
Bettes as Children Often
- * are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
- * are sometimes loners
- * seize control so they won’t be controlled
- * figure out others’ weaknesses
- * attack verbally or physically when provoked
- * take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings
Bettes as Parents
- * are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted
- * are sometimes overprotective
- * can be demanding, controlling, and rigid
Where the Hell is Matt? (2008) from Matthew Harding on Vimeo. WherethehellisMatt.com I hope you dance, too. We’re leaving next week for Nashville and the North American Irish Dance Championships,…Read more